Veterinary Surgical Services in Spring, TX
Quality Care for Your Pets
For the occasions when your pet needs surgery to fix a health problem, turn to the compassionate veterinarians at Champion Wood Animal Hospital for top quality care. We know that surgery can be a scary and overwhelming experience for both humans and their pets, and our Spring veterinarians are here to make you and your pet comfortable throughout the process. We will walk through every procedure with you and answer any questions you might have about the pre-surgery process, the surgery itself, and any necessary aftercare. Your pet’s health is our top priority.
If you have any questions or concerns about our surgical practices, give us a call at (281) 502-2569 so we can put your mind at ease.
Our clinic offers a wide range of surgical services to meet the specific health needs of your pet. We’ll walk you through what procedure is appropriate for your pet and how it can help enhance your pet’s overall health and quality of life.
Champion Wood Animal Hospital offers the following surgical services:
- Spay and neuter
- Dental procedures, such as teeth cleaning and extraction
- Soft tissue surgery, such as growth removal and skin and wound reconstruction
Many other surgical services are available. We’ll work with you and your pet to find the right treatment. In some cases, we may refer you to a specialist who can provide more precise care for your pet’s unique situation. We’ll still be with you every step of the way.
Aftercare is just as important as the surgery itself. We will send you and your pet home with a detailed aftercare plan to make sure your pet is comfortable and heals quickly.
A post-surgery aftercare plan will contain instructions for:
- Activity – Your pet will likely need to limit their activity while they’re recovering. We’ll let you know if your pet needs complete bedrest, or if you can allow your pet to engage in light activities like a slow walk around the neighborhood.
- Food and water – Depending on the type of anesthetic used, we’ll let you know when your pet can resume a normal eating schedule. Most minor procedures or procedures that involve a local anesthetic will allow your pet to eat normally the same day they come home. We recommend that pets who have had surgery under general anesthesia wait several hours before having a small snack when they come home. We’ll work with you to make sure your pet is eating and drinking appropriately after their procedure.
- Monitoring the incision – You should keep an eye on the area that was operated on. If you notice any discharge, redness, or swelling, contact us immediately as this could be a sign of infection. We’ll make sure your pet is equipped with protective collars so your pet doesn’t lick or scratch their incision.
- Medication – We’ll often prescribe pain medication or antibiotics after surgery to keep your pet comfortable and healthy. You will receive detailed instructions including dosage, timing, and duration of the regimen.
In addition to the aftercare plan above, we’ll often schedule a follow-up visit to ensure that your pet is on their way to a full recovery.
If your pet has recently had surgery and you have questions, please call us at (281) 502-2569. We’ll help you understand everything you need about your pet’s recovery.
Dr. Osborne & His Staff are Compassionate- Jeanine
We can't imagine bringing our pets to anyone else.- Thompson
Very Pleased- LaBorde
Very Lovely Place, Highly Recommend!- Sproule
Highly Recommend- Client
We Treat Every Pet Like Part of the Family
Full-Service Animal Hospital
Involved in the Spring Community
Always Seek to Provide a Higher Level of Medicine
The Finest In Veterinary Care Since 1994